Sunday, December 5, 2010

Praying for the Children who are Praying

I'm praying for the children,
who are reaching out for something.
So often they are crying, 
as I pass them in the stores.
Their moms are busy shopping, 
not usually for their children. 
Just a little bit longer, honey,
hold on, I hear them mutt'ring, 
as their children see me sighing, 
while I'm closing my eyes and praying, 
that they'll see the Light inside me.
for strangers should not talk.
Inside I am screaming, don't you
Even see what you are doing?
Kill another bit of spirit -- squash
one   Light and push it down,
 with bits of tears and anguish
that they'll fight to get back later.
God I see them when they're grown up
And they can't remember  years
And they swear that they had good ones
But there is no good inside.
***
So I'm praying for the children,
who are reaching out for something.
So often they are crying, 
as I pass them 'long the way.
Their moms and pops are shopping
and maybe its for the children, but
they're to small to know that
as they pass along the way.
So I smile the sweetest smile,
its my secret way of praying and 
I'm sending out that sweet sweet Light
so sweet I cannot say!
****
And I meet them and I greet them with
a smile in my eyes and heart because
I want to be the spark of Light 
that kindles Light in them.
I hope that someone meets them someday
When they're all grown up successful
And their contemplating marriage with
their most congenial spouse
Someone who'll ask them questions like
What's touched you deepest in your life
What's meant the most to you my friend
When you stop to sort it out?
Then I'm hoping they'll remember it's
Not the giant talking Elmo
Or the Fantastic Warriors video game
That touched their inner self
But the tweaked cheek from a grandma,
Or the smile from a stranger
On a day that they were crying 
And they thought that no one heard.
So I hope You smile at Children when
you see them when they're praying
with their hands out and their crying
Even when there are no words.



No comments:

Post a Comment